Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Week 4 in Arkansas/Week 10 on the Mission
General Conference

Elder Geddes and his district

This week was a really good week, especially because it ended with amazing sessions of General Conference.  I have never been so excited and grateful for General Conference in my life.  The spirit was so strong during all of the sessions, and there were a ton of great talks.  It was really cool that several speakers were able to give their talks in their own language.  I was able to watch almost all of the sessions in English, except for the final session we watched it in Spanish.  We did see Elder Bednar's and President Monson's talk in English though. I love Elder Bednar, we listened to several talks by him in the MTC that were incredible.   We are so blessed to have the opportunity to be able to listen and receive guidance from the Apostles and Prophets.  That was a big theme in this conference, how we need to listen to the counsel of the prophets and apostles.  I can't remember who said it but I liked this "listen to the words of the prophets as if they were from Christ himself" or something like that.  That's so true, because they receive personal revelation for the church that will help us become better people.

  This week we had some really great lessons with some members from the Ward.  The spirit was so strong in those lessons, especially when the member would share their experiences of their conversion and their testimony.  Missionary work can only reach it's potential with the help of the members.  I love it here in Arkansas, and have really come to love the Members of our Branch a long with the many  people we meet and our investigators.  We do get fed a couple times a week, but not a whole lot.  When we do get fed though it is a LOT of food normally.  The food is pretty good, only a few weird things here and there but overall it is great.  The other day we were walking down the street and a member from the branch picked us up and took us to a Chinese Buffet which was pretty sweet.  To answer your other question we were on Bike week last week, It is actually kind of fun.  And our area is relatively flat, so it isn't bad at all.


 1st week riding bikes

  Meet the Mormons is going to be an amazing opportunity for missionary work and for people to understand us.  I really hope that we as missionaries will be able to watch it.  Maybe for Christmas or something as a mission or at some Zone conference.  How cool the church produced a movie to explain us as a church.  People will feel the spirit as they go see the movie, and want to learn more.

  The weather is pretty good here, and only a few days has it been really hot.  I think that I came here at the perfect time of year.  It was crazy the other day was a really nice day and at around 7 or 8 the sky got completely dark and the Tornado sirens came on.  The wind started up really fast and it just started dumping rain.  Luckily we were with a member and he took us back to our apartment.  That would of been the worst if we were on our bikes.  The tornado apparently touched down by the Arkansas river, but I don't think it did anything.  It was crazy the sky was full of a blue/green lighting, it looked awesome.  That was the first real storm I had since being here in Arkansas.  Then last night I was woken up by the rain because it was coming down so hard.  And you know me I don't wake up for anything.   It sounded like explosions because it was coming down so hard on the window.  But other than that the weather has been really mild.

  Last P-day we went to downtown little rock and took a little trolley around the city. It was way fun and the driver explained all the building and stuff which was way cool.  I really like the downtown area, it's just has a cool feel to it.  In the future I most likely will go to Tennessee about half of the Spanish missionaries are in Memphis, so I really hope that I will be able to go to that side of the mission.  Sounds like almost all Spanish missionaries do.  It surprises me how many Hispanic people are in this area, my area right now is one of the best areas for that other than Memphis, i'm lucky to start my mission here.


Downtown tour with the district

I love you tons and hope that you have an amazing week!

            Love Elder Braden Geddes        
Elder Geddes met a new friend

No comments:

Post a Comment