Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Week 19

 Well as the subject says my new companion is Elder Meyers!!  We predicted right.  He is from Kaysville, Utah and has around 4 months left on his mission.  He's super cool, and we already get along really well in our first week.  He is super nice and caring and a hard worker.  Serving with him is going to be really awesome, I'm really excited for it.  I'll be able to learn so much with him as well. 
 This week was a pretty busy week with Transfers and everything.  The transfer meeting was really good, and President Wakolo had all the missionaries come to the meeting to talk about our success as a mission in November and a few other things.  For the final numbers of the month it was 92 baptisms and 90 confirmations!! 

 At the mission home saying goodbye to 1st companion Elder Castaneda
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Saying goodbye to Elder Ramirez

  After transfers we had another Elder (Doty)  come with us for a few days.  He is a new missionary straight from the CCM in Mexico.  He had an appointment here in Little Rock so we were in a trio for a day and a half.  He was super excited to work, and had an awesome attitude.  It was funny, the first day he was like yeah I can understand most of what they are saying.  Then by the next day he was like "wow I can't understand a single word they are saying".  I remember saying the exact same thing when I came out, super funny to see that!  Feels like yesterday, and now it's basically Christmas already.

Finding my picture on the missionary tree at the Mission Home!

  We found a ton of new investigators this week as we knocked a lot of doors.  It was really awesome, some are pretty interested as well.  We met a really nice lady named Veronica.  We knocked on the door, and the first things she said was 'pasenle" (come on in).  We were like shocked cause that rarely happens that they say come in before even saying anything.  So we went in and we got to know here a little bit.  She had actually lived in Salt Lake City so she was kind of familiar with the church.  We set a return appointment for a few days after.  We taught her a really great lesson and the spirit was really strong.  I'm really excited to continue teaching her, she seems really interested.  We've been busy with a lot of appointments so it's been really good. 
  For a funny story this week, me and Elder Meyers were walking down a street.  We had knocked a bunch of doors, and tried some of our appointments and just weren't having to much luck.  As we were walking down the street, a car started coming at us, so we kind of got on the grass/sidewalk.  Then the car stopped and a guy jumped out.  Then he started walking right towards me and I was like uh oh what's this guy going to do.  Then he said to me and Elder Meyers "pray with me"  Then he grabbed our hands and told Elder Meyers to lead, so he offered a really good prayer with him while the music from his car is still playing behind us.  He then says thank you and was on his way haha!  Only in the south!!  It made our day though, it was pretty funny and just super random. 
  Well it sounds like that you had a pretty busy week.  That's really awesome that you were able to have a special fast for Grandpa.  I actually got a letter on Saturday from Grandma updating me on the situation.  So I was able to fast for Grandpa as well.  I know that the fast will make a huge difference, and that all will work out.  I always keep him in  my prayers and pray that the surgery will all go well today.  Grandpa is such an amazing example to everyone, I love him so much. 
  That is a really awesome experience that Sam Smith shared.  It's so true as long as you trust in the lord with faith, he will help you in times of need.  I've no doubt I've  been helped so many times as I have been speaking Spanish, and especially as I was able to confirm a couple weeks ago.  I'm so sorry to hear about Roberta's brother passing away.  That is so crazy, just a random heart attack.  Please give them a hug from me!  But it is amazing that we have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.  We know that death is not the end, and that those who have passed are in a much better place. 
  I loved the quote from President Monson.  We really do need to reflect more on the Spirit of Christ because that is the real importance of Christmas. A great thing to think about as we are in the season.
Well that's about all that I have for this week, thank you so much for the email!  I love you tons and have a wonderful week as we head full speed into the Christmas season. 
Love,
Elder Geddes




        Me and Heaton found the 
    "Weiner Mobile" the other day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment