Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 53
The Tripanionship
Elder Croft, Elder Geddes, Elder Zickella
  Well this week was truly an amazing week as I hit my year mark.It was full of miracles, and Sunday couldn't have been a better day.  I'll start with Sunday first.  In the morning we texted out the usual reminders to our investigators.  Then at church I was setting up for translating, and Claudio responded that he was on his way.  And sure enough a few minutes later Claudio y Gaby walked in!!   Fast y testimony meeting was really a great one.  Everyone bared relatively short y strong testimonies, inviting the spirit to the meeting.  After I was talking to Claudio y Gabriella, she was explaining to me how in the morning she prayed asking god if she should go to church.  Then she said after she took a shower she just got a super warm feeling inside, and knew that she needed to go to church, Claudio felt the same way.  So they both came and we had challenged him to write down a question, and bring it to church and that it would be answered.  He ended up bringing a whole paper in an envelope, and gave it to me.  I read it before going into Sunday school.  It was basically asking for a change and a desire to know if the LDM was la palabra de Dios.  It was super awesome. because Sunday school (the Spanish gospel doctrine class) was perfect for his questions, and was about putting the LDM to the test and really reading it to know if it was true.  It was a true testimony to me of the power of fasting, and really showing your love and care for the people you serve. I was able to go to teach them this week, and ask them simple questions to help them receive the answer they need.  It was a super good lesson, and they gave way better commitment than before on coming to church.  The spirit has really been working on them, and I can already see a big difference in them.  The spirit has literally been my companion while teaching them.  As well Gab. gave me her daughter because she said that she wants us to come over and meet with her, so we are looking forward to that.  She is the one we gave a blessing to a few weeks back.  

  David was also able to be able to come to church  again. and Taknechia came to church for the first time!!  Apparently David in Elders quorum said some great comments as they were talking about home teaching.  He said "that they should do everything that they possibly can to keep these missionaries here"  and he was explaining how grateful he was for our patience and our sincerity as we taught according to his needs and questions.  That was awesome to hear that!,  I was in the other class with the Spanish crew!   David loved church again, and Tak. said that  she liked it as well,and wanted to make it to all 3 hours next week because she was a little late!  Yesterday was just a day chalk full of amazing things happening,and it continued throughout the day.  

  As we were eating at the apartment later on another MIRACLE happened.  I have been waiting for this day for over a year.  I was just sitting there, and I just started rolling my tongue!!!  It probably sounds like something lame, but I have been trying to do that since day one on the mission. To be able to to roll my r's  is huge in speaking Spanish.  It was a great lesson to me of patience, and never giving up!  Throughout the day I was just rolling my tongue to make sure I didn't lose it, I'm sure my companions wanted to kill me ha ha!  

 Then after that we went to teach Jas, and Nik..  We had met her parents a month or so ago, and she had just gotten in a car crash.  We prayed for her and have checked up on her.  She ended up being fine, and little by little we have gotten a good friendship with her, and well as her husband.  Earlier on in the week I went on splits with the EQP,  We were able to have a really good talk with Jas., and share what our purpose was as missionaries, and get to know him. He has really opened up to us since the first time we met him. Yesterday we were able to share with him the Restoration.  It was one of the best Restauracion lessons that we have taught as a trio.  He was understanding everything, and the spirit was there in that lesson.  He even told us that there is no way that we came to his family at this time by coincidence,, and how grateful he has been for us coming over to check on his wife an the family while he has been away.  We left him with a Book of Mormon, and he said he was going to put it in his suitcase for sure and read it on his down time.  He will be gone for 26 days, because he works on the railroad.  He is an awesome guy, and we are excited to see the spirit to continue working on him as he reads and continues listening.  He has been telling us that he needs his kids to grow up in a church to bring the family together.  You never know who the lord will prepare for you, That is why it is key to talk with everyone.
The entire district/ One tripanionship!

  For other events this week, we held the smallest possible District meeting with the three of us! haha As you already got to see we were able to go to Memphis for the 40th anniversary!  I was able  to see a lot of great people, and of course was reunited with Elder Heaton again.  Alvaro came up to see me as well, which was awesome.  He has been doing great, and even gave a talk the other week in the Spanish Branch.  I was also able ti see returned Elder Henderson, Meyers, Pres. Perez, familia Benitez and several others.  Jessica Smith from BYUH was there as well!   It was a good meeting, and awesome to be able to see everyone again.. Basically it was  just an amazing week out here in Jonesboro, This week should be awesome as well as we already have a full schedule.  The trio is awesome, but unfortunately it is the last week of it.  We all wish that it could last longer.  Have a great week, and I love you so much!!

Love,
Elder Geddes

Pictures from the Arkansas Little Rock's Mission 40th Reunion
Elder Geddes and Alvaro
Former Elder Henderson and Elder Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment