Saturday, December 26, 2015

Week 73
Transfers/Leaving  Jonesboro


Jonesboro District

Oscar and family
  
The Lopez Family
   This week overall was just really crazy!   It all started off saying goodbye to everyone in Jonesboro on Monday and Tuesday.  Oscar (Claudio's son) y his wife took us out to dinner on Monday, and then Claudio y his family took us out on Tuesday night.  It was so sad to have to leave them, and they were all super sad that I was leaving! They are seriously like my family here, and I was so grateful for the opportunity to be part of their family.  It was basically Christmas for me that day with them!  We  were also able to say goodbye to a bunch of other members and as well say goodbye to the Ester kids, as well as Tina y Takiya.  It was hard to leave all of them as well.  Seeing their progression was amazing, the spirit no doubt touched the heart of each and every one of them.  Then on Wednesday Sister Boudrero drove us down to transfer meeting, she was so amazing and helped me so much while I was in Jonesboro! There were just so many amazing people in that place.
Ester family



At transfers President had asked that all missionaries would attend the meeting.  He announced that worldwide this would be the last transfer meeting ever.  So for now on it sounds like we will get a transfer call and then have to find a ride to our next area, should be pretty cool!  When President started announcing the transfer list he said that "Memphis Spanish North Area" would be closing down.  I was pretty shocked and had no idea where I was going at that point.  Then he announced that I would be serving in North Little Rock as an Office Elder.  I was pretty surprised, and I my new companion Elder Lundell was at the Memphis transfer meeting so that's why they had me go their first.  Also in my new area Elder Geddes and I are in the same ward, it's pretty awesome!  Everyone was all confused when I introduced myself.  
  Basically since that time we have been on the road all week delivering furniture to missionaries, closing down several apartments, and do other similar stuff to that.  We have already had to go to a ton of areas in the few days as an office Elder.  I'm actually replacing Elder Hunt (from Cedar Hills) who started his mission in this area and had been here for almost a year.  So far we have been to Glenwood, Quitman (twice in one day), Dardanelle, Morrilton, Choctaw, Jacksonville, Maumelle, Conway and passed through many other mission areas.  It has been cool kind being able to work with all the missionaries and getting to know them.  I'm also looking forward to working a lot closer with President Wakolo.  This week it looks like we are going to Memphis to do more moving, opening an apartment, and all sorts of other fun stuff.  My first Sunday here was good and Javier Ramirez (former Elder Ramirez) surprised me and visited me at church which was awesome!  Well that about sums up my week, this new responsibility is going to be completely different from what I've been doing before, but it should be good!  I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas, and I'm looking forward to skyping with y'all!

Love ,
Elder Geddes

                        
                Boudero Family
My man Freddie!



 
      





















    
         


No comments:

Post a Comment