Sunday, June 12, 2016

Week 97
  Last transfer to Danville, AR 


  For this week it was quite the adventure with leaving Searcy and heading to Danville.  My last three days in Searcy were awesome though.  We continued seeing Monica every day and preparing her for her baptism at the end of the week.  She was loving everything and was so ready to be Baptized!  I left not Thursday and she was baptized on Saturday, and confirmed the next Sunday, I heard it went really well!!

Monica's Baptism
  As well in my last couple days there I got to say goodbye to everyone, there were so many amazing people that I had already met in my short time there.  Some of our coolest investigators (the Carpenter's fed us several times.  As well as Dee our Recent convert made us some dang good fried chicken before I left.  We also got to go over and say goodbye to the Mauldin's.  At the end of our visit with them I played the song "I am a Child of God" and we all sang it.  It was super cool and one of their friends even joined in with them.  I have been so impressed with those kids and all that they have learned..  It was sad to have to leave them but they went to Monica's Baptism, as well as church last week.  They will be getting baptized this upcoming weekend!!  

                              The Mauldin's                                   The Carpenter's
 After leaving Searcy I headed up to Conway to spend the day with the Zone leaders because we couldn't get a ride up to Danville until the next day.  It was a great day with them and we were able to teach some cool people.  They had BOM class and at the end of it an investigator and a less active walked in thinking it started at that time.  So while everyone played Volleyball Elder Crane and I were a let to teach her the restoration and she loved it!!  She accepted a baptismal date and is really excited about learning more.  It was a great lesson to me about teaching at all times, you never know when unexpected teaching opportunities will come up.  

  The next morning the office Elder came and picked me up and we headed up to Danville, which is one of the furthest west areas in the mission.  Here are some things to know about Danville:
* The town has no stop lights (neither do the 5 surrounding towns.)
* 70% of the population (2,500) are Hispanic
* 30% of the town works at a chicken factory called Wayne farms.
* I saw the entire town on my first day.  
* I ride a road bike from the 90's that has an awesome basket on the front.
* There are two fast food restaurants (Subway, Sonic).  
* The closest Walmart or Taco Bell is 20 miles away.  
* There is a mountain, or in western terms a "hill"

  If you couldn't tell by the description I am out in the Boonies!!  It is really pretty up here though, and it has been a great first week!  I have been in a trio for the last couple days with Elder 'Iongi and Elder Claridge.  My new companion is Elder Avery Claridge from Tuscon, Arizona and he is awesome!!  We already get along super well, and we are going to get a lot of work done this transfer.  We will be serving in a "Zebra" companionship.    

  They were excited that I'm serving here because I have been able to talk with a bunch of Hispanics that they haven't been able to.  On church some Spanish investigators were able to come, and I was able to translate which I love doing.  We went out to a town called "Ola" last week and we tried this lady named Velta who the Elders had found the day before.  She had talked to missionaries in the past so we started teaching her the Restoration and she loved it!!  She said living prophets made so much sense and she believed everything that we taught to be true.  If all goes well she will be baptized on my Birthday! That's the update that I have for this week!

 I love y'all lots, and wish you a happy summer week!

                         Sayng Goodbye to Sister Hugentobler     All miss my king bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment