Thursday, September 11, 2014

Last Week at the CCM and Arriving in Little Rock Arkansas!



Wow I can´t believe that in a few hours I will be heading out into the mission field.  I am so thrilled to get to Arkansas and spread this everlasting gospel with many people.  It is going to be so cool to see the change that the gospel brings to many peoples lives.  The gospel is happiness, no doubt.

This week has flow by just like every other week here.  It feel like just a few days ago you dropped me off at the airport, but then at the same time it feels like I was born here!  I have grown so close with so many missionaries, it´s going to be sad to leave them, but the journey ahead of us will be incredible.  I  can´t wait to meet a bunch more missionaries In Arkansas.   I have gained such a greater knowledge about the gospel here in the CCM and how to share it.  Leaving the CCM is like i´m leaving for my mission all over again!

Elder Geddes and his Zone at the CCM

                Elder Geddes and Hermano Tapio               
                                                
                                                 Elder Geddes and Hermano Carmono

The highlight of this week was definitely yesterday (Sunday).  It was a fast Sunday so I had the opportunity to fast for the 2nd time here in the CCM.  The entire day was filled with the spirit and I could tell that I was receiving many blessings because I was fasting.  We are blessed to be able to fast, it´s such a small sacrifice that can bless many others and ourselves.  
This Sunday  we decided as a district that we would give each other blessings of comfort before we head out to our different missions.  It was my first opportunity to be able to give a priesthood blessing.  I was able to give my first blessing to Elder Beatty.  It was cool, because earlier in the day I felt that he would ask me to give him the blessing and comfort then he did.  It was an amazing experience to be able to act by the authority of the priesthood.  After that Elder Weese asked me to give him his blessing. The blessing I gave him was way powerful, and the spirit in that room was so strong.  I know for a fact that the words that came out of my mouth were not from me, but they were from god directly talking to Elder Weese.  I´m so grateful that we have the priesthood on the earth today, it is such a blessing in our lives.

District 12E at the CCM

  Every Sunday night we have video presentations where we are able to watch different Church videos.  They are always pretty good videos, and this week were were able to watch 3 videos.  The first one was about the first sister missionaries that were called to serve, then The Stonecutter, and then Finding faith in Christ.  In the Stonecutter it is about the man (forgot his name) who would walk from I think Alpine all the way to the Salt Lake Lake City to do stone work on the temple. You probably know but he carved Holiness to the lord on the temple. He then lost his leg in an accident and made a wooden leg for himself.  After he got comfortable with the fake leg, he would continue to walk the distance to work on the temple.  He did this for many years all the way until he died.  Such and incredible story about diligence and fulfilling your calling.  We can all be more like him, and give a little more effort in all that we do. The next video was all about Christ´s earthly ministry and how we can have faith in him.  I twas incredible to see all that he did while he was on earth.  While watching the video the spirit came over me strongly and I knew without a doubt in my mind that Jesus is our savior.  I´m so grateful for his perfect example, and all that he did for us.  My favorite scripture Mosiah 16:9 ´´He is the light and life of the world, yea, a light that is endless that can never be darkened.  Yea, and also the life of the world which is endless, that there can be no more death.  He truly is the light and life of the world, he is our everything and because of him we are able to live with God again.  

After the videos there was a video presentation with pictures of all the departing districts.   After we always sing God Be With you in Español.  It is such a cool song, that always brings the spirit so strong.  After all of the videos, all of the departing missionaries stayed after for a testimony meeting.  They were all about 1 minutes testimonies so that a lot of missionaries would be able bear their testimonies.  As a district we all bore our testimonies, and probably about fifty others.  Every testimony was so simple, but yet so strong.  It was one of the strongest times I have felt the spirit here in the CCM.

  I have never appreciated my stateside mission call more until being here in Mexico at the CCM.  Even though i'm  inside a fenced off area, I realize how lucky we are to be able to live in the United States, it´s going to be a great feeling returning back to the states tomorrow.  

 I love you so much.
      Love,
Elder Braden Geddes



                                                         

Elder Geddes and President and Sister Wakolo

Dear Brother and Sister Geddes

Your Missionary has arrived safely!

We are so excited that Elder Geddes is here.  We truly look forward to working with him.  What a blessing to have a son on a mission.  We will do everything in our power to watch over him while he is in our care. 
               
Missionary work is so rewarding and miracles happen on a daily basis. We are anxious to get him to work so he can experience what sharing the gospel and serving others is all about. Thank you for sharing your son with us for a short time and for letting us love him for eternity.

Blessings will come to all of us as we strive to be obedient with exactness and love the Lord with all our heart.  What a blessing it is to share the gospel and serve the Lord every day in every way.


                                                        With Love and Gratitude,                
                                                       President and Sister Wakolo






No comments:

Post a Comment