Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Week 5 at the CCM

Today was a great week as always. It went by so fast and I can´t believe that at this time next week I will be in Arkansas.  Wow I´m so excited to get there and see my mission president again, I know that he will be an awesome mission president.    I can´t wait to head out to Arkansas and find those people waiting for me, I´m going to have so many amazing experiences ahead of me! 

I really like that quote from Elder Holland, we are so blessed to be able to have true Prophets on the earth today who receive revelation from God, what a blessing it is for us to hear their inspired words.  We just need to listen to those words and stay on that straight and narrow path.  I have been able to watch several things from Holland in devotionals and class here, he really is such an amazing speaker and his words are so powerful.  I can´t wait for this upcoming conference, I´m no doubt going to appreciate it more than I ever have before.   

.  I am traveling with Elder Heaton which is awesome, we get along so well.  It will be so nice to be able to travel with him all the way to the mission.  We also fly into Atlanta with Elder Weese and Elder Blood from our district. 

  Anyways this week was a pretty usual week here in the CCM.  My Español is getting better and there is always tons more to learn.  One cool experience from this week was when we were teaching our ´´investigator¨ Hermano Carmona.  He goes by Augustin in the lessons. When we got there he told us he had drank and smoked again and that he couldn´t go to church because his work was on Sunday.  We helped him realize that he could get through his problems, and that he needed to have a lot of faith.  All of the words that we said were really strong, and it was the best I had ever done in a lesson. I just felt like my Spanish flowed and all the things I said were what he needed to here. The spirit was really strong, which was cool it is the best feeling when the spirit is strong in lessons.  They are always better when we are guided by the spirit.  Even though it is not a real investigator the spirit can be really strong and every person is an investigator even if they are a member.  There is always more to learn in this everlasting gospel.  

This last Sunday was our last normal Sunday here in the CCM because next week is fast sunday.  The leaving districts got to perform a special musical number.  It was us and another district from our zone.  We sung Armies of Helaman in English then the first 2 verses of Llamados a Servir en Español (called to serve).  It was a mix up between the two of them and it sounded really awesome.  The spirit was so strong as we were singing it.  Every week that a district has left the special musical number has always been amazing, I love how music can bring such a strong spirit.   

  Another story from this week is when we were talking to Hermana Carmona.  So we asked him about if he was getting a new phone.  He told us that his phone was stolen  a couple weeks ago, when he was riding the bus. 
He the said what happens is that two guys come on the bus with guns, one on the front and back.  They go around pointing their guns at people making them give them their wallet.  If you don´t give it to them they will shoot you. He says all of this while sort of laughing like it is just a normal story.  He has gotten 2 phones stolen from him at gunpoint.  One time he said during a baptismal service guys came in with guns and stole peoples laptops, cars and other things, so crazy!!  2 of his parents cars have been stolen as well.  He says that it is just normal here in Mexico City, he was really surprised that this stuff hadn't happened to us before.  He also told us that they will kidnap bishops and missionaries because they think the church will pay to get them back, even though they will not.  Just so crazy the different life styles that seem normal to people in different countries, makes me appreciate my call to Arkansas even more!  

Other than that one more week left, and i´ll be out in the field.   I love you so much and I hope that all is well at home, have an awesome week!

Much love, 

Elder Braden Geddes



Our Districts favorite drink at the CCM!
P-Day At the CCM

No comments:

Post a Comment