Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Week 4 at the CCM

This week was a really fast week as normal.  Not a lot happened this week, just the usual class, teaching, studying.  But I definitely learning a lot and my Spanish is getting better little by little.  The highlight of the week was earlier this morning.  We got to go out of the walls of the CCM and make a visit to the temple.  It was really great being able to see out of the wall of the CCM and see the real world again.  It did make me appreciate how nice we had it in the CCM.  Driving through Mexico City was an experience as normal, it´s just so much different than any other city I have ever seen.  I just stare out of the bus window the entire time in awe because every street there is something new.  It was funny there were guys that would walk into the street during red lights and sell newspapers, or wash windows.  To me it´s just so cool to watch how different it is compared to the states. 

  Once we got to the Temple grounds it was a great experience, right when you got onto the grounds you could just feel a change.  Even though we couldn´t go through the Temple because of the renovation, the Spirit was there for sure especially when were in the visitors center in the room with the Christus. (statue of Christ)  The background of the world behind him is so cool, and to think that God created the Earth through Jesus Christ is amazing.  Then also thinking of all that he went through while he was on Earth just because of his love for us.  The Temple grounds and Visitors center are super nice, it is way cool especially because right across the street from the temple is Mexico City again.  I can´t wait to be able to go through the temple again, it makes me appreciate more when you don´t go through it for a while.  We got to go the the Temple with our favorite Latinos, they are super funny and we always talk to them.  They are only here for about 2 weeks, but they have been way nice to us.  I will send some pictures!  


Elder Geddes and his CCM district at the Mexico City Temple Visitors Center
Well it sounds like everything is going well in Utah. We´ve been getting hail once in a while here as well!  I´m sure Jordan gave a great farewell talk, he´s going to be such a great missionary especially with his hard work ethic and great personality!  I can´t believe that Eric Moore is already back, wow time really flies by, I feel like he left just left not too long ago.  


  Everything is good here I luckily haven´t really gotten sick, there was a virus that was going around but I never got it.  My companion Elder Heaton sort of got it, but not near as bad as most people got it.  It´s been an interesting experience being in a trio companion. Me and Elder Heaton get along really well which makes things nice.  Our District is pretty great as well, I get along with all of them.  I still can´t believe that I only have 2 weeks left here in the CCM, it is so crazy how fast time has gone by here! 

Well I hope that all is going well at home I love you so much!  

Love,
Elder Geddes
 



Elder Geddes and Elder Weese


Elder Geddes' district receiving 20 pieces of mail in one day!

Elder Kuhn, Elder Geddes, Elder Dalton

No comments:

Post a Comment