Wednesday, August 13, 2014

MTC Week 1



   I have made it through the first week of my CCM experience!  Flying into Mexico was way cool, seeing the city was nothing like I had imagined.  I flew into Mexico with probably 40 or so missionaries and then there were a ton more missionaries in the airport when we got there.  We got onto the bus and it was about an hour drive through the City, wow that city is way crazy!!  There is graffiti everywhere, the bus driving was the gutsiest driver ever.  I was with Elder Ryan Call, and Elder Colfack for most of that day which was pretty nice, and I met a ton of other missionaries.  I couldn't stop staring out the window and looking out at all the shops and other things on the side of the street.  One of my favorite things to look at was all these hole in the wall Mechanic shops like very 50 yards, there were so many of them!  It reminded me of the shop on the movie Cars.   Once we got through the crazy city we made it to the huge nice looking fenced off area the CCM.  Prounounced Say Say eh may.  The campus is actually super nice, everything is taken care of and really manicured. Once we got to on of the buildings we unloaded the bus.  Once we got inside it started to POUR rain for about 4 hours straight just dumping buckets.  It rained super hard the next day with these crazy lightning storms but hasn't really rained since which is nice.

The language is coming along pretty good, I basically know how to pray in Spanish, and I have a learned a ton of new words.  There is so much to learn at one time though, it´ll come eventually especially with the Lord's help.  Our Teacher is Hermano Tapia, he's from Mexico and served his mission in Vera Cruz.  He only speaks Spanish to us, but he throws in a few English words here and there which is helpful.  I think he knows quite a bit of English but they're only supposed to talk to us en Espanol.  Most every meeting and devotional are in English though because they want us to be able to understand all the important information that they give us.  My companion is Elder Heaton  from St. George!  And surprising enough he is going to Little Rock with me, we're the only 2 here.  He's straight out of high school and we get along really well, especially the last couple days now that we´ve gotten more comfortable.

 The weather is just the greatest here, seriously it is perfect all day long, especially on the days where we don't have to wear suits which is every day except Sunday.  I don't get any blood noses which has been really nice.  I'm really surprised that I don't hate wearing church clothes all day, it hasn't been bad at all. Most the time I feel like i'm just wearing normal clothes.  Time has started to go by a lot faster here which is nice, and I got the best P-day because it is devotional day.  That means we don't have to teach any lessons all day, everyone has told us it's the best day to have!

One cool experience I will share real quick is that bunch of missionaries were in the same room and we got to ask questions to these investigators.  One of the investigators names was Juanita, we got to know her and here background.  Then a missionary bore a really strong testimony to her about overcoming the trials we had in her life.  The spirit was super strong in that room.  It was way cool.  Then a couple days later we saw a picture of her in our building sweeping as a Sister Missionary probably from a couple years before.  They totally lied to us saying she was a real investigator!!  Still a cool experience though.

A missionary from our Casa came into our room one night and shared a scripture.  It was D&C 35:13 ''Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit''


I love you all so much! Hope you are all doing well!
Elder Geddes



Mexico City


Arriving at the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment