Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 30

Many of the Spanish Missionaries at Zone Conference

  This morning I received the transfer call, so it was officially my last week here in Arkansas.  It was a pretty awesome week, and a great way to end it here after 6 months.  I really have loved serving here in this area.  The branch members have been really awesome, and I'm grateful to have been able to serve with them.  I will definitely miss it here and serving with Elder Meyers, I've learned so much, and will miss all the amazing people in the area.  The good news is that I will most likely be going to Memphis!!!  There are a ton of Hispanics there as well, so I'm really excited for some new memories and for the amazing people that the lord will put into my path. Elder Heaton is being transferred as well, and there is a really good chance that we are both going to Memphis!!  So that will be super sweet!

   Well the best part of this week is that we were able to have the Baptism for Yubiritzi!!  And as well as the North Spanish Sisters investigator Orlando.  Before the baptism we went to Monica's house to help bring food, because she wanted to feed us before the baptism.  Yubiritzi had made a cake, and super good cupcakes with chocolate dipped strawberry's on top.  She was really excited for the baptism!  We had the baptism at 8 that night.  Once again a ton of the Branch members showed up to the baptism, which was great!  It has been so nice to have such great support from the Branch, and you can already see the difference.  The baptismal service went really well, and Cassandra (Yubiritzi's sister) even gave the talk on Baptism which was super cool!  It's so amazing to see them altogether in the gospel as a family.  I will miss them so much, but I know they will continue to be faithful and do many amazing works.  Yesterday we were able to confirm Yubiritzi in Sacrament meeting.  It's been amazing seeing the light in the Ramos family as they have taken these great steps in their lives.
                                                    Enjoying marshmallows Yubirizti made!
  Other than that we were able to follow up on some really cool investigators that we had met in the last couple weeks.  We have a lot of potential coming up, so I'm looking forward to here the continued success that Meyers and his new companion will have.  I can't really focus on writing right now, so sorry if this email has been kind of scattered.
Elder Tyler Hunt and Elder Braden Geddes

 I have seen Tyler Hunt a few times, and the other day got a picture with him at our meeting so I will send that.  
It was a great week overall, and I can't believe how fast the time is still flying.  It was a little crazy this week, because of the snow and ice, so we weren't able to work as much on some days. Overall it was a great week to end on here in Little Rock.  I hope that you have an awesome week.  Love you lots!

Love, Elder Geddes

        Bro. Wells who came to the Spanish Sacrament Meeting Every Week.
He speaks fluent Spanish and French!                 
     
Missionaries and Javier (former Elder Ramirez) coming back to his mission for a visit.






No comments:

Post a Comment