Tuesday, March 3, 2015


Buenos dias de Memphis!
Week 31 
Leaving Little Rock
Ana who fed us 2x's a week
I'll miss her so much!
Saying goodbye to Elder Meyers!
  
Well as you saw from the pictures I made it safely here in Memphis, Tennessee!  Earlier in the week I said goodbye to the members in Little Rock and got all my stuff packed up.  It was sad having to say goodbye, I met some really awesome and great people there.  But I know that I need to be here in Memphis, and that the Lord has many things prepared for me here.  Yader had me and Meyers over for dinner our last night there.  We had really good sushi, yes I said really good and yes I did eat Sushi!!  Now I can go to the beloved Sushi Buffet with Dad, Dustin, y Andrew in Vegas! 

Elder Heaton and Elder Geddes

Wednesday day we had our transfer meeting.  We first went up to North Little Rock, where we had the first transfer meeting.  I met Hermana Ashley Lewis, the Lewis' cousin!  She was really cool, and she will be training up in Russellville, Arkansas.  Then after the meeting we drove over in a van over to Memphis for the next transfer meeting.  It was snowing the whole time, but luckily it didn't affect anything.  Then we got to the church building and we are just driving down the road, and then we get past a little wall and there is the Memphis Temple!  It's really small but it is super cool looking.  

Hermana Lewis and Elder Geddes

    Then we start transfer meeting and I am serving with Elder Fortie!  He is also from Kaysville, UT.  He has been out for about 17 months, i'm looking forward to serving with him. It should be really good.  Elder Heaton will be serving with Elder Henderson and we basically share the same area with them.  It looks like the Heaton Y Geddes dream team just can't be seperated!  There are 4 sets of missionaries in the Spanish branch.  Three Elders and one set of Hermanas.  The branch is bigger than the Little Rock Branch, so i'm looking forward to getting to know the members.   Then after President Wakolo announced all the transfers the Temple President came in and told something to Wakolo.  Then he goes out and walks back in and says that we have a special guest.  Then 2 youngs guys walk in and it's David Archuleta!!!   He had just finished a session at the Memphis temple and the Temple President had hime come over and say hi to us!  It was way sweet, he talked to us for a second and then we had him sing "I know that My Redeemer Lives" his voice really is incredible.  So that was pretty crazy and awesome.   Then we went to the apartment and i'm actually in a really nice apartment this time, so that's a nice upgrade!   

David Archuletta

   As for the missionary work, we have a few solid people that we are teaching.  I still don't know a whole lot about our investigators, because I've only been here a few days.  The ones we have taught so far have been really cool.  We have an investigator and her name is Lupe.  We taught her on Saturday night, and we able to set a solid baptismal date with her!  She came to Church the next day, and really liked it.   We are really excited to keep working with her, and preparing her for the Baptismal Covenant.  I always love seeing people make changes for the better in their lives. You can tell they want to do it, and then when they do make the change you can just see how much happier they look.  The gospel will make anyone happy as long as they are living it.  It is a perfect gospel, and we are so blessed to have the knowledge.  Just more of a reason to share it with everyone that we know, it's what God expects from us. 
   On Saturday morning we went to a Women's conference to translate for some of the Ladies in the Spanish Branch.  I was in the food line after and one of the servers asked "are you from Cedar Hills."  and it was Devin Jakson!  The world is so small, that's crazy he happened to be there.  And as well I got to meet Abigail Blackham's (Curtis's niece) mom at the women conference.  She was super nice, so that was cool to meet her! 
 Everything is going well here in Memphis,  It's just going to get better as I get to know the area better and find people who are ready to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ!  It should be a great transfer!  Thank you so much for the email, and I hope that you have a great week!  I love you lots!
Love, Elder Geddes

Former AP's Daley, Udall & Smith


The Rivera's
The Fosters   
                

No comments:

Post a Comment