Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 83 


   This last week has been an awesome one, as being my last full week in the office!  I have been on the road almost every day this week, but it has been great.  On Monday I got a text from President Wakolo if I could drive him around for the next two days, because he isn't feeling well but he needed to press on with his interview.  I was super excited for that, but that night my throat started to hurt super bad and I had like a fever.  I really didn't want to pass up this opportunity, so I prayed really hard that night that my pain would go away in my throat, and sure enough when I woke up in the morning I felt way better!  
  That morning my companions dropped me off at the mission home, and then me and President headed up to Jonesboro.  I attended two district meetings that day, and I was able to read a lot while he was doing interviews.  The next day me and President went to Searcy y then Batesville.  So in total I went to three district meetings this week.  It was an awesome experience to be with President and being able to talk with him, and get to know him even better.  I never thought that I would be "companions" with my mission President!  President Wakolo is such an amazing man, and no doubt called of God.  He is such a loving guy, and always brings an amazing spirit with him.  In mission leadership council this week he bore his testimony, and referring to the Fiji cyclone he said "whether my family is alive or dead, my faith is unshaken.  My eternal father lives".  It was really powerful, especially because he still hasn't heard from a few members from his family.
  That was great way to start the week!  After MLC on Thursday we drove the Spanish Zone Leaders (Elders Heaton y Doty) up to Russellville for their exchanges there.  As well the following day we picked them up as well as doing some other furniture needs.  


  On Sunday church went well and one of our investigators Nicole randomly showed up to church!  We weren't expecting that at all, but she really seemed to enjoy it, and we have an appointment set up with her this week. As well on Sunday night we were able to see Steven again. We had talked to him earlier on in the week and he said that he had read.  But I called him out because he kept dodging all of the questions we were asking about the reading.  So he asked if we would leave him with something to read and he would read it.  On Sunday when we saw him he opened the door and the first thing he said is that he actually read, and you could tell his countenance had changed!  He had read all of Moroni, as well as parts in Ether y Alma.  He said he enjoyed it and he had some good questions. He still has a long way to come, but we know that if he keeps reading the BOM we know what will happen!  Yader also called me yesterday and he is now the second counselor of the Spanish Branch, so that's awesome!  
  This week I also finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish for the first time!   I was really excited about that, and I really learned a lot!  The spirit is always there when reading the BOM, no matter what language it's in!  
   The news for the week is that I will be transferred to Searcy this Thursday or Friday, and I will be serving as an English Zone Leader with Elder Pearson!  I'm really excited for this new opportunity that I will have, and all the things that I will be able to learn.  I've heard a lot of great things about my new area and my companion, it should be awesome!!  

Have a great week, thank you so much for the updates!  Love you!

Con amor,
Elder Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment