Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 103
La Ultima Semana de la mision 
(The last week of the Mission

Former Elder Butler, me, and David y Maria

  Well since it is my P-day today, I figured that I would write one last email of this week's happenings!

  Towards the beginning of the week we were finally able to see Efren again after his vacation to Colorado!  He is super solid and we were able to teach him.  He had been asking us to play basketball with him, so a few days later we were able to play with him at the park.  And it was so hot, that I though my shoes were going to melt.  He beat us pretty good the first two games, and then the last game I pulled off a miracle and won!  Later that night we went to teach him a lesson at his apartment and when he sat down he said "are y'all ready for Sunday".  It kind of took us by surprise but he said "well y'all won a game, so I'm going to come and check out the church"!!  That was awesome to hear, because we know he will have a great experience if he comes, he just needed to make the decision.  We had a great lesson with him, and he is looking really solid.  We are going to see him tonight as well.  

  We have been seeing Billy frequently as well which has been great.  So here in this town about everybody works at this chicken plant.  So we asked Efren if he knew Billy (because they both work there).  Efren said he did and he as well said that in the last few weeks, that Billy has seemed so much happier as he has working.  That was awesome to hear, and it's amazing the happiness the gospel brings, as well as how much other people notice.  While teaching Maria, she mentioned something about Billy and said that now at work he is a lot happier and he goes around saying hi to everyone which he normally didn't do!  We committed Billy to invite one person to church by the end of the week, and he said he'll do it!  

  I can't remember if I mentioned Kenny last week, but we found him while looking for a new member move in.  It was the lost members old friend, and this week we were able  to see him for or his return appointment.  He as super interested in what we had to offer, and had many great questions during the lesson.  We are hoping to see him again soon, as he lives far out.  We are excited for him and it's always amazing how the lord will lead us to those who are prepared.  

  Another cool thing that happened this week was we were able to see David y Maria several times and last night they invited us over for dinner.  During dinner David was saying how they love when missionaries come back and that his house is mine anytime.  Then there was a knock on the door and it was a returned missionary "Elder" Butler.  He just happened to be in Danville and came to visit at the exact time we were there.  That was pretty cool to see them, and David committed coming to church this week as well!  

  We were able to do quite a bit of service this week which was great, and overall it's been a really successful week.  I can't believe it's my last one on the mission, and I'm sad to leave so many great people.  I wouldn't trade my experiences on my mission for anything in the world.  I can't wait to use what the lord has taught me in the "real world" but I'm looking forward to the next challenge. I'm looking forward to see y'all in just a few short days.  Love y'all and thank you so much for all the amazing support that y'all have given me over the past two years!  

Con mucho amor,

Élder Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment